Coach University is a structured year-long program of professional learning designed to develop exceptional instructional coaches and lead teachers in schools and districts across Mississippi. The program is designed to build a cohesive foundation for instructional coaching and teacher leadership while developing sustainable staff capacity.
WHAT SERVICES DOES COACH UNIVERSITY INCLUDE?
Coach University is a program that takes place over the course of 12 months. The following services are included within this program:
- Individualized on-site support
- Group professional development
- Foundational training with school staff and administrators
- Learning tours
- State-wide conference highlighting instructional best practices
WHAT ARE THE OUTCOMES FOR COACH UNIVERSITY?
Upon completion of the program, instructional coaches will be equipped with the skills to:
- Facilitate whole-staff professional development
- Conduct model lessons and co-teach
- Support an instructional-rounds model
- Help faculties use classroom evidence and multiple sources of data
- Partner with principals as instructional leaders