Become a powerful agent of change in education. The Mississippi State University Research and Curriculum Unit’s Coach University can help you evolve into an exceptional instructional coach and leader. Coach University’s structured, year-long program provides a cohesive foundation for instructional coaching supported by relevant, tailored methods.
Coach University services include:
- Foundational training and individualized on-site support for participants
- Learning tours
- Statewide conference highlighting instructional best practices
Upon completion of the program, instructional coaches will be equipped with the skills to:
- Facilitate whole-staff professional development
- Apply the core philosophy, framework and roles of the Impact Learning instructional coaching model
- Build and maintain positive relationship with instructional partners to meet the needs of students more effectively
- Impart the true nature of instructional coaching, non-evaluative objective collaboration and feedback
- Establish sustainable staff capacity that supports student-centered learning and prepares students for college and careers
Register for Cohort VIII
Participants can receive up to 10 CEUs, 80 SEMIs or 8 OSLs. In addition, Coach University is an approved Educator Preparation Program (EPP), and upon completion of Coach University (100 hours), participants who qualify can apply for the 481 Teacher Leadership Endorsement and six hours of credit toward MSU’s Teacher Leadership and School Administration programs.