Coach University (Coach U) is a structured, year-long program of professional learning designed to develop exceptional instructional coaches, lead teachers, and educational leaders in schools and districts. Through face-to-face professional learning and on-site coaching visits, Coach U builds a cohesive foundation for instructional coaching and teacher leadership while creating a culture that supports sustainable staff capacity.
ONBOARDING DATES: July 14-17, 2020
What Services Does Coach U Include?
Coach U is a program that takes place over the course of 12 months. The following services are included within this program:
- Individualized on-site support
- Group professional development
- Foundational training with school staff and administrators
- Learning tours
- A statewide conference highlighting instructional best practices
What are the Desired Outcomes for Coach U Participants?
Upon completion of the program, instructional coaches will be equipped with skills to:
- Facilitate whole-staff professional development
- Conduct model lessons and co-teach
- Support an instructional-rounds model
- Help faculty use classroom evidence and multiple sources of data
- Partner with principals as instructional leaders