Coach University (Coach U) is a structured, year-long program of professional learning that is research-based and designed to develop exceptional instructional coaches, lead teachers, and educational leaders in schools and districts across Mississippi. Coach U builds a cohesive foundation for instructional coaching while developing sustainable staff capacity, promoting teacher effectiveness, and supporting student achievement.
July 10-14, 2023
What Services Does Coach U Include?
Coach U is a program that takes place over the course of 12 months. The following services are included within this program:
- Individualized on-site support
- Group professional development
- Foundational training with school staff and administrators
- Learning tours
- A statewide conference highlighting instructional best practices
What are the Desired Outcomes for Coach U Participants?
Upon completion of the program, instructional coaches will be equipped with skills to:
- Facilitate whole-staff professional development
- Conduct model lessons and co-teach
- Support an instructional-rounds model
- Help faculty use classroom evidence and multiple sources of data
- Partner with principals as instructional leaders